Queent of Manipulation
LikeWOW
Foliage

Re: MyBumpIsOffensive-leen and We Need a Baby for Views B-Crew Part 31

Post by LikeWOW » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:30 am

RatchetRachel wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 am
Colleen in her new video: "I respond well to criticism."

That's it y'all, I'm dead now. Here lies ratchet Rachel.
I know, I nearly sprayed my drink when she said that. She has zero introspection.
These users thanked the author LikeWOW for the post:
pomegranate

TheCoyoteBat
Seed

Post by TheCoyoteBat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:35 am

I don't know if it is because my mom is an RN so I grew up around medical information and how bodies change/grow with age and pregnancy--I've also seen her pregnant with my two younger siblings--but when Colleen goes on her long discussions and lectures on how a woman's body changes with pregnancy, I couldn't help but say "UHH HUHHHH" and nod and roll my eyes because it was common knowledge for me. (EDIT to add: I also wanted to be a midwife when I was a Freshman in High School, so I got curious and read deeper into things. It's kinda funny that I'm about to graduate college with a degree in English and a teacher certification, but that is besides the point. If I could find info at 14/15 so easily, IDK why a 31 y/o couldn't?!)

She acts as if she's the only person on Youtube to acknowledge and show the trials of being pregnant or as if the entire world will be exposed to her content. I've watched Lindsey DeFranco's pregnancy and saw that she was in pain/sick all or, at least, quite a bit of the time and I never felt annoyed with her and her discussions about what's happening to her body and didn't feel as if I was being talked down to (or patronized like Colleen's kinda came off as since it seems she is trying to talk to her younger audience). Heck, I'm even following the LaBrant Family onYouTube and Sav was miserable in the beginning of her pregnancy and it is still enjoyable to watch their videos (of course Cole is filming most of their stuff so she can just lay and rest without the worry of making content, but still).

Both of these women struggled/still are struggling with their pregnancies, but were able to show that its not all roses and rainbows while showing that they feel fortunate and excited about their pregnancies. They treated it all as a part of the experience. But, as Colleen said in her vlog, she can't combine the two as one experience--instead, she HAS to separate the two as if being grateful and excited overshadows the pain and "bad parts" of pregnancy.
Last edited by TheCoyoteBat on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author TheCoyoteBat for the post (total 3):
xenaannabananapomegranate

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 am

dreamcatcher wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:25 am
The fact that a woman in her 30s was completely unaware that pregnancy isn't always a magical experience and wishes she knew that so she could mentally prepare... I am just at a loss for words. Did she honestly think she wouldn't be sick or in pain? Has she never met a pregnant woman before? Has she never watched a pregnancy vlog before?

Colleen, you don't have to pretend you aren't in pain, you just don't need to say it every 20 seconds. Good Lord. I know its painful, but when ALL you think and talk about is how shitty you feel, it makes you feel shittier. Mind over matter is a real thing. It won't make the pain go away, but you won't be so hyper aware of every single ache and pain.

She is having such a normal pregnancy so I can't figure out why its so awful for her? She is acting like no one else feels the exact same pains. The abdomen stretching, the organs shifting, the hip pain, the nausea. Its so textbook! She has absolutely nothing abnormal happening so why is she acting like some special snowflake?

Nothing she says makes sense. I hope she is aware of how painful labor is... let me guess - no one told her about that either? Also Colleen, you're still in pain after you give birth too. Heads up.
Her sister-in-law was literally on BED REST and Colleen was so up her own arse she didn't notice or care (I remember getting vibes that Colleen was pissed that Chris had to look after her and not do HBO) that Jess was able to get through vlogs without complaining. I'm guessing she STILL hasn't gone to her, because I bet she would have some decent advice like "your audience are kids they aren't going to want to hear that all the time". Like it pisses me off that she expects to be treated like someone who has just found out they can't walk, when she treated Jess like absolute garbage.

Watch Jess take that kid under her wing and always have him welcome in the ballinger home, while colleen still won't be able to look after the ballinger kids without 4 helpers
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post (total 3):
CatSheldondreamcatcherpomegranate
Episode 25: Jessica Ballinger, Cut, Grav3yard Girl, Chris Ingham
Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2vEKdNC iTunes: https://apple.co/2J0dcQp

mazterbman
Seed
Has thanked: 0

Post by mazterbman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 am

You know what's aggravating? She blabbers on and on about how nobody talks about how tough pregnancy can be and how no one told her this or that; yet she gets mad when someone with experience says, "Just wait until xyz." Like hunty, you're being told what to expect! :dunno: :brickwall:
These users thanked the author mazterbman for the post (total 3):
TheCoyoteBatpickleCatSheldon

WGAF
Evil Weed

Post by WGAF » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:02 am

beamishly wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm
Why would Netflix want to appease a bunch of kids? Especially after they didn’t seem to care back when Colleen’s fans were harassing them about cancelling HBO? Why would Netflix want to help Colleen out after she was most likely awful to work with and they cancelled her show? If Colleen managed to talk Netflix into letting her do a special, how?

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP GIVING HER OPPORTUNITIES?
I have been giving some thought to this very issue.
Netflix is giving “another” business opportunity to Miranda, not Colleen. I do not think Netflix is interested in Colleen.
The problem is — Colleen has tried, more than once, to blur the line between Colleen and Miranda which has caused a lot of confusion.
For example, if Colleen would have used Miranda to complain about the pregnancy, more likely than not, everyone (including me) would be asking for more. The public expects crazy behavior from Miranda. Furthermore, the public expects Colleen to act as a reasonable adult.

Colleen, build a better entertainment wall between yourself and Miranda. Make sure Miranda says and does all the crazy shit about life including negative stuff about pregnancy. Your minions will love it and maybe they will learn something alone the way. Furthermore, the adults will be able to better understand and accept your overall YouTube strategy. In fact, use Ali Wong as a guide for Miranda. Ali Wong is way out there, and a lot of Ali Wong’s statements could be made by Miranda. Via a way out example, I am still trying to get a grip on Ali Wong’s statements about “anal.” I can only imagine how Miranda would attempt to address the issue. The bottom line, Miranda can say and do certain things — that Colleen can not. Miranda is for the kids and Colleen is for the adults.
These users thanked the author WGAF for the post:
TheCoyoteBat

MoonCat
Seed

Post by MoonCat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 am

Well, I guess we were right in saying she didn't vlog because pregnancy was all she had to talk about, lol.

I dont even personally care if she mentions pregnancy or talks about it. I don't mind that she's got complaints and wants to share that it's rough for her. I just feel she comes off as insensitive in the way she goes about it despite saying "I'msogreatful" all the time. She said she can say that more, but that's not going to make it sound less insensitive.
I've seen a quote of hers all over the place saying something like "If you run out of ideas think of some more." Perhaps she should take her own advice.
These users thanked the author MoonCat for the post (total 2):
pickleannabanana

FaerieFyre
Seed

Post by FaerieFyre » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:10 am

teaandstrumpets wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 am
I have to say, I give her props for consistently finding new and creative ways to bitch and moan about how AWFUL she feels and how she's in SO MUCH PAIN. How is this fool going to handle active labor?
Prediction:

Labor Video: "Errrrriccccc!!!! How could you DO THIS TO ME?!?!?!?!!"

*Gets an epidural 2 seconds in*

Next Video: "I Never Thought I Would Have to Say This" *about how she's breaking up with Eric and taking custody of the baby because his father is "abusive".*

Profit.

*Edit: Punctuation*
These users thanked the author FaerieFyre for the post (total 2):
LikeWOWCommoner

muffin
Seed

Post by muffin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 am

You guys, shes the only woman to have a rough pregnancy.........its because shes SO TINY guys, its so hard for her TINY STOMACH to stretch guys,

Also, her cheeks are fatter/puffy
These users thanked the author muffin for the post:
annabanana

Pointer1
Seed
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pointer1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 am

Hey ya'll haven't quite caught up on all the posts but I had to put my 2 cents in.
Does anyone else feel like her not vlogging is a tantrum in diguise? It feels like she is saying I'm not gonna vlog cause I get backlash! Idk, it annoyes me but at the same time I'll respect her if she is stopping because I think she has gone about it the wrong way, she started getting hate and took it apon herself to mock it wich probably made it worse and now she is standig down. I think if she were just natural people would tolerate it, although she does need more content than just that.
Also in her insta story she says she isn't excited about a pregnancy shoot but she is about a miranda pregnancy shoot, that speaks volumes!! Wtf this woman is so full of herself I can't even!
These users thanked the author Pointer1 for the post (total 8):
TheCoyoteBatMoonCatFaerieFyrepickleWandawooultravioletlemonSwimLonelypomegranate

FaerieFyre
Seed

Post by FaerieFyre » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 am

*ahem*

I'm generalizing here due to the fact that the following behaviors are not inclusive to only one sociopathic disorder...

however...her behavior seems to reflect the detriment of "love bombing." Once someone who habitually love bombs stops receiving validation from their supply, they go silent to that supply. She is trying to "punish" anyone who doesn't think she should be carried upon her throne for simply taking a sh*t.

My 14 year old daughter(who introduced me to Miranda Sing and who is planning to grow up to become a Psychologist) is having a field day with all of this.
These users thanked the author FaerieFyre for the post (total 2):
TheCoyoteBatannabanana

pretendcat
Foliage

Post by pretendcat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:36 am

Honestly I didn't mind the rant because at least in this one she isnt attacking her own viewers and making up fake drama about people being "offended" by her pregnancy. To me it felt like she finally took the time to reflect on the backlash and that's why she made the comment about how she's mad about the "shut up no one cares" stuff in particular. Like yes PLEASE realize that no one is annoyed at your actual PREGNANCY. It's the way you've acted that is annoying, not the fact that there is a human growing inside of you.

I almost lost it though when she said he handles criticism well.
These users thanked the author pretendcat for the post (total 6):
FaerieFyrepickleMoonCatHidingBehindUserNameTheCoyoteBatannabanana

ariqi
Seed

Post by ariqi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 am

I can't with this last vlog! She is on repeat, repeat, repeat! Thank god we didn't know she was pregnant until three months in, can you imagine? Which has me thinking; she could talk about other things then, so why can't she now? She says she can't think of anything else to talk about, well damn, have an imagination! She thinks she's funny and talented, but can't talk of anything but being pregnant? She hid and didn't talk about two-bit actor/boyfriend Erik for nearly two years, so why does every vlog have to be about this "I need to get pregnant for views" baby? I also agree and am pissed she made Miranda pregnant. Stupid move! I'm sorry, I can't stand her anymore. And I was a HUGE fan! She doesn't know her audience anymore. And one more thing: I think some have caught on that she replaced Josh with Stocklin and resent this baby. She put off having a kid with Josh, with him begging in vlogs, and she would get mad and say "can't we talk about this later"? But seeing Erik looks like her nephew, she jumped on that "I hope he looks like you". Ugh!
These users thanked the author ariqi for the post (total 2):
FaerieFyreLikeWOW

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 am

I actually don't mind her vlogging about her pregnancy. That's what the vlogs are for - you follow her life. And she's a pregnant woman having her first child. It's a huge part of her life, and yes, she's going to talk about it. I said back after the pregnancy announcement, when she said that her channel wasn't going to become a mommy channel, that I suspected her vlog channel WOULD become that. And that's fine - that's her life and people follow her vlogs because they're interested in the behind the scenes of her life.

The issue for me is the main channel. Literally every video she's uploaded to her main channel since the pregnancy announcement has been about the pregnancy (I haven't watched the JoJo video because her voice grates my ears, but I assume it had some connection to the pregnancy, too). Even the interview with her brother was ultimately about how getting sick while you're pregnant can affect the baby. Like, she literally said "don't worry, this isn't going to become a mommy channel" and then posts 10 pregnancy videos in a row... that's what's frustrating for me.

And also her constant "I'm still pregnant" phrase that's always on repeat. Like, we know. Unless something terrible happens, god forbid, we know you're still pregnant. You don't have to start every video with that exact phrase.
These users thanked the author anonymousfriend295 for the post (total 2):
annabananapickle

GossipGranny
Admin

Post by GossipGranny » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:06 am

I’m watching this vlog and I’m reading the comments and ho boi. I expected it to be her stans saying OMG COLLEEN BB NO WE LOVE YOU.

But really it’s A LOT of criticism. Not necessarily negative, but a lot of people saying what we’ve been saying like “you need to not care if you lose your audience,” “a lot of women do have rough pregnancies, it’s that you don’t stop with the ‘I’m pregnant!’ Catchphrase” etc.

I wonder if people are really fed up or she hasn’t been deleting comments yet.
Follow The Gossip Garden on Twitter! twitter.com/gossip_garden :rose:

VerukaSalt
Bud

Post by VerukaSalt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:31 am

I'm sorry.. I have every sympathy for anyone, pregnant or not, who has to deal with sickness or pain. But does anyone else think Toeleen is faking 99% of her complaints?
I just do not buy that she's feeling so so nauseous ALL the time yet can eat, dance, sing, go to karaoke, shopping, etc. .
I know there are moms that can practically be on their death beds and still take care of their kids, because "moms aren't allowed to be sick", but you can still see how sick they are in their faces/eyes.
And Colleen... you are NOT tiny. You are average sized adult who is extra skinny. Ariana Grande and Luza Koshy are tiny, Colleen looks like a fricking giant next to them.
I never had any innard stretching aches when I was pregnant, so maybe I was just lucky. But I do not buy into toe being in so much pain constantly. She wouldn't be able to do Miranda dancing and schtick if she was in the horrific pain she claims.
She talks about walking funny because it hurts to walk and in the next breath, says they will probably go to Mall of Americas... that's a LOT of walking Toe.
If I'm wrong in my accusations, I will feel like shit.. but I just don't think she could be all that nauseous and in pain and still do her normal routine.
These users thanked the author VerukaSalt for the post:
annabanana

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 am

Hey guys,

The mods have noticed quite a few people posting direct links to fans twitters. Please remember to screen record or screen shot with names blurred. If you cant you're welcome to dm one of us and we can screen record for you.

Thanks!
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post (total 2):
TheCoyoteBatHufflepug3
Episode 25: Jessica Ballinger, Cut, Grav3yard Girl, Chris Ingham
Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2vEKdNC iTunes: https://apple.co/2J0dcQp

LemonSqueezy
Foliage

Post by LemonSqueezy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 am

Just my 2 cents... I don't think she should have to add a disclaimer every time she complains about pregnancy "but I'm so so grateful I'm able to get pregnant and I know other women can't get pregnant"... it's her experience and thats fine with me.

What bothers me is that she can't help but focus on the small number of negative comments. Her first rant video was like 15 minutes of complaining about people telling her to shut up and maybe 30 seconds of "thank you to those who are being supportive." Today's video was a little less ranty, but she still complained that "no one wants to hear it." That's not true lol. That's whats frustrating. Now she's not vlogging and essentially punishing her viewers because a small amount of people are being rude. That's like a teacher taking away recess from the whole class because one kid misbehaved lol.
These users thanked the author LemonSqueezy for the post:
pretendcat

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”