Post by nzt48 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:41 am

Tusky wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:22 am
anklebiters wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 am
they broke up :/ but i guess everyone saw it coming
Liza and David?
Yep.
Clearly, David doesn't want this to happen. Liza didn't, too. But yeah, I have a feeling they will be there for each other until Liza finds someone else.

mackshacks
Foliage

Re: David Dobrik & Friends

Post by mackshacks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 pm

nzt48 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:41 am
Tusky wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:22 am
anklebiters wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 am
they broke up :/ but i guess everyone saw it coming
Liza and David?
Yep.
Clearly, David doesn't want this to happen. Liza didn't, too. But yeah, I have a feeling they will be there for each other until Liza finds someone else.
That actually makes me so sad to think of :( I feel like they really are meant for each other, but I totally get what Liza means when she says they're just too damn young. Not just that, but the fact that they're having so many opportunities thrown at them at such a young age, there is bound to be a lot of learning and developing and just changing as a human being overall. Being tied down in a relationship you've been in since the age of 18 with all that going on is tough as hell and not fair to either party.

But for them being so young, they sure are mature as hell. That break up video was more honest and real than any other breakup/divorce video out there.

I truly hope they stay friends, maybe date around here and there, but eventually come back to each other. Here's to hoping!

nzt48
Foliage

Post by nzt48 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:30 pm

@mackshacks I do like them as a couple, but Liza has this great ability to just get along with anyone. She eventually might want someone who is in a career/life path more similar to hers than where David is on at the moment.

David has been trying to diversify his skills, per their podcast, so I think that was one tiny part of the break up. But David also seems to think she was the one, so he could just be interested in improving his skills to get Liza back.

I think, since they are out now to the fans, they really have to take time away from each other - and not use each other as a 'rock' to quote Liza.

Since David clearly didn't instigate this break up, and if Liza is still chatting with him and consulting things with him, this could get toxic fast. They need to not need each other for a while to clear a path for their future relationship - friendship or romantic.

hippocampus
Seed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hippocampus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm

I'm probably just cynical, but this break up to love myself reasoning almost always feels like a cop out. I'm getting Colleen vibes with Liza being more career focused with a show to be released within a month of the break up announcement. Hopefully she doesn't end up in Hawaii with one of her co-stars soon ;).

It could just be that she felt like she was too young to be in such a long term relationship and wants to see what else is out there. Totally fair, especially given the juvenile content David is still putting out.

anklebiters
Sprout

Post by anklebiters » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 am

hippocampus wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm
I'm probably just cynical, but this break up to love myself reasoning almost always feels like a cop out. I'm getting Colleen vibes with Liza being more career focused with a show to be released within a month of the break up announcement. Hopefully she doesn't end up in Hawaii with one of her co-stars soon ;).

It could just be that she felt like she was too young to be in such a long term relationship and wants to see what else is out there. Totally fair, especially given the juvenile content David is still putting out.
It’s sad bc from what I can see, David seems really hurt by it and probably thinks they’re gonna get back together some day. Not to mention all the fans begging them to get back together. I don’t buy her excuse either, but tbf I never really followed her. She’s just... a lot. And not in a good way.

dreamcatcher
Global Moderator

Post by dreamcatcher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:22 pm

anklebiters wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 am
hippocampus wrote:

It’s sad bc from what I can see, David seems really hurt by it and probably thinks they’re gonna get back together some day. Not to mention all the fans begging them to get back together. I don’t buy her excuse either, but tbf I never really followed her. She’s just... a lot. And not in a good way.
I agree with the cop-out sentiment.
Honestly, I don't know what to think about their breakup. They are young, sure, but if you find someone who loves and supports you, why throw it away? Why date other people? If you found your person young, then why does it matter? As long as you are in a healthy relationship. Life gets hard. Life gets busy. But having a partner to go through those times with is priceless.

Sure "dating around" is a good learning experience, but if I found what they had at that age, I wouldn't toss it away just to "see whats out there". Whats out there is a lot of shitty people ready to hurt you and make your life miserable. So to me, being young isn't a reason to end your relationship. If you can learn and grow together, why lose what you have?
Even when you are in your 30s, 40s, 50s, theres always other people out there. There will always be options, but that doesn't mean you should pursue them...

Idk!

mackshacks
Foliage

Post by mackshacks » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 pm

dreamcatcher wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:22 pm
anklebiters wrote:
hippocampus wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what to think about their breakup. They are young, sure, but if you find someone who loves and supports you, why throw it away? Why date other people? If you found your person young, then why does it matter? As long as you are in a healthy relationship. Life gets hard. Life gets busy. But having a partner to go through those times with is priceless.

Sure "dating around" is a good learning experience, but if I found what they had at that age, I wouldn't toss it away just to "see whats out there". Whats out there is a lot of shitty people ready to hurt you and make your life miserable. So to me, being young isn't a reason to end your relationship. If you can learn and grow together, why lose what you have?
Even when you are in your 30s, 40s, 50s, theres always other people out there. There will always be options, but that doesn't mean you should pursue them...

Idk!
I agree so much with this!

And the best part about their relationship was that they found each other before either of them was really popular. Now, if either of them gets with anyone, there will always be that doubt of whether they're being used for their popularity unless the other person is just as popular if not more...which is another problem all on its own. But on the flip side, they might date around and realize that people are trash and they were much better off together.

On a slightly related note, has anyone watched this "conspiracy video" about David and Liza's break up?
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFulLK3cPw

Any thoughts on the reasoning behind their late announcement having to do with David's image?

nzt48
Foliage

Post by nzt48 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 pm

mackshacks wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 pm
On a slightly related note, has anyone watched this "conspiracy video" about David and Liza's break up?

Any thoughts on the reasoning behind their late announcement having to do with David's image?
Apparently, there was a podcast done by Cody Ko where they talked about Liza and David. There seems to be some implication that this was a PR move. Which tbh, makes sense.

ETA: https://youtu.be/9MAEZ4u5wD0?t=2115
Last edited by nzt48 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raspberry
Sprout

Post by Raspberry » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 pm

I saw a couple of comments on a video (I don’t remember if it was David or Jason’s vlog) saying that David is trying to fill the Liza void with Emma Chamberlain. I know she’s like what 17 and he’s 21 but I mean idk it’s a lil sus that he goes to pick her up and takes her to Jonah’s family’s house... Maybe I’m just reading too much into it since I had literally never heard of this girl before the break up announcement and out of nowhere she’s just in almost all the videos. What do you guys think?

ignorantslut
Seed

Post by ignorantslut » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:23 pm

dreamcatcher wrote:
anklebiters wrote:
hippocampus wrote:

Idk!
Last edited by ignorantslut on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ignorantslut
Seed

Post by ignorantslut » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 pm

mackshacks wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 pm
dreamcatcher wrote:
anklebiters wrote:

Idk!
I agree so much with this!

And the best part about their relationship was that they found each other before either of them was really popular. Now, if either of them gets with anyone, there will always be that doubt of whether they're being used for their popularity unless the other person is just as popular if not more...which is another problem all on its own. But on the flip side, they might date around and realize that people are trash and they were much better off together.

I did watch this. It was kind of silly but also a little intriguing. It makes sense honestly that he has the bigger risk by going solo. But it's also reasonable to just give yourself time to cope before you're comfortable talking about it. No idea what to think about the whole Gabbie twitter account conspiracy though.

hippocampus
Seed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hippocampus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 pm

dreamcatcher wrote:
anklebiters wrote:
hippocampus wrote:

Idk!
Yes, that's why I think her reasoning is a cop out. Seems like she just wasn't fulfilled with David, or thought she could be more compatible with someone else down the road. If you think you're with the right person, you don't end it for the reasons she was saying and you're not interested in dating other people.

ignorantslut
Seed

Post by ignorantslut » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 am

Raspberry wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 pm
I saw a couple of comments on a video (I don’t remember if it was David or Jason’s vlog) saying that David is trying to fill the Liza void with Emma Chamberlain. I know she’s like what 17 and he’s 21 but I mean idk it’s a lil sus that he goes to pick her up and takes her to Jonah’s family’s house... Maybe I’m just reading too much into it since I had literally never heard of this girl before the break up announcement and out of nowhere she’s just in almost all the videos. What do you guys think?
I noticed this too and had the same rash thought. Is she actually in any of the videos from before the break up and we just didn't notice her until now? I don't watch David's videos consistently at all, so I could've easily missed it.

If she is his rebound, that was quick! But I agree with those saying Liza's reasoning seemed a little wishy washy. They're talking about "if one of us finds someone else..." but they're supposedly breaking up because Liza needs to be alone for a while? Just say you don't want to be with each other anymore (or perhaps more accurately, Liza doesn't want to be with David anymore) and let that be that.

anklebiters
Sprout

Post by anklebiters » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:09 am

ignorantslut wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 am
Raspberry wrote:
I noticed this too and had the same rash thought. Is she actually in any of the videos from before the break up and we just didn't notice her until now? I don't watch David's videos consistently at all, so I could've easily missed it.

If she is his rebound, that was quick! But I agree with those saying Liza's reasoning seemed a little wishy washy. They're talking about "if one of us finds someone else..." but they're supposedly breaking up because Liza needs to be alone for a while? Just say you don't want to be with each other anymore (or perhaps more accurately, Liza doesn't want to be with David anymore) and let that be that.
She is DEFINITELY not his rebound. They met at coachella or playlist live, idk which one. She just moved to LA afew weeks ago & is growing a looot on youtube. He’s probably trying to get her in the vlog squad since she’s hilarious/up & coming. I don’t think it’s filling the Liza hole at all. she’s barely been in the vlogs the past year.

Raspberry
Sprout

Post by Raspberry » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:18 am

anklebiters wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:09 am
ignorantslut wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 am
Raspberry wrote:

She is DEFINITELY not his rebound. They met at coachella or playlist live, idk which one. She just moved to LA afew weeks ago & is growing a looot on youtube. He’s probably trying to get her in the vlog squad since she’s hilarious/up & coming. I don’t think it’s filling the Liza hole at all. she’s barely been in the vlogs the past year.
I don’t think she’s his romantic rebound either bc that’s very illegal in california lol what I meant was that he might be filling Liza’s spot in the vlog squad (small funny girl with big personality) with Emma. Emma’s a little more of a cool hip teen but she is very funny and can definitely fill some time in the vlogs (that would’ve originally been Liza’s). So I agree with everything said above. Tbh I kind of prefer Emma’s sense of humor over Liza’s. Emma reminds me of Sarah Baska but less mellow and more stressed lol

nzt48
Foliage

Post by nzt48 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:05 am

Jason Nash brought a lie detector tester to the VlogHouse, and it is quite interesting.

David Dobrik also surprised Erin with a car. Out of all the SeatGeek car surprises, this one was the most sensible. I really like it!

anklebiters
Sprout

Post by anklebiters » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Jason & trisha broke up apparently :(

Return to “Liza Koshy/David Dobrik”