43%
Open for kalel 17.0 guesses
57%

Total votes: 7

coconut_queen
Foliage

Re: Kalel 17.0 part 6

Post by coconut_queen » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 am

I was pretty surprised to see she's still friends with Sophia. I am personally not a fan of hers after her instastory flushing money down the toilet and the vegan roundtable videos she seemed pretty up her own ass. Not the real, cerebral, down to earth people I thought Kristin was going to start surrounding herself with. Also surprised she and Cyrus are still together. I was expecting something big to have gone down between them after her twitter rant. Hope we get more details on how things are between them on her next video.

Also, do you think since she's done pretending with everything, do you think she's done with "Kalel" and she will go back to Kristin Smith?

I also hope this isn't just a phase and that she's here to stay! And agreed I will be disappointed if she doesn't stick to her upload schedule today.
These users thanked the author coconut_queen for the post:
Jtoaks

Shadow1992
Seed

Post by Shadow1992 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:05 am

spicytiff
Seed

Post by spicytiff » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 am

Oh my god. I feel like this is the kalel we've all been waiting for. I'm a vegan myself and I 100% agree with everything she said. Yes, people have shit on her for this or that thing not really being vegan...but cant we all agree that she's done a lot to at least increase awareness about the vegan diet and lifestyle? that maybe it's not that difficult to try a vegan meal once in a while?

A lot of militant vegans might be disappointed in this video but in my opinion, in order to reach a larger audience you have to show it doesnt have to be all or nothing. Personally, it would be more important to me to influence a larger audience to reduce their animal consumption than to convince one person to go 100% vegan.

I'm shook by this video series she's been putting out. Keep it up kalel!!
These users thanked the author spicytiff for the post:
Shadow1992

pretendcat
Foliage

Post by pretendcat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 am

That rant at the end of the video was so good. It's amazing to see her actually speak her mind / "keep it real" in a 100% genuine way...... like for the first time ever.

Jtoaks
Seed

Post by Jtoaks » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:03 am

Not at all surprised she isn't vegan. Surprised she admitted it, and surprised by what she has a tough time giving up. Razors, perfume, popcorn and chocolate LOL give me a break Kristen. It's like when she went to Japan and was consuming dairy and shit and still calling herself vegan. If she doesn't want to be 100% vegan fine, but don't go criticizing others for not being vegan and whoring yourself out to PETA (BTW fuck PETA) when you can't even give up the stupidest things. Honestly Kristen it is not that hard especially when you live in LA and have the money that you do to find alternatives for the products you've listed. I can say this because I've been vegan for over 20 years and live near LA and make a fraction of what she does. It's not exhausting like she claims it to be, it becomes your normal and easier with time. And living a minimalist lifestyle like I do feels the opposite of exhausting. I know it's not for everyone, and I think it's a great message to say do the best you can. But she has been vegan for several years and she can't even give up movie popcorn? She is just lazy and entitled. Her example concerning boots gave me the biggest eye roll, she's such a consumer. I've seen her with black boots on before how many does she need? Because its not hard finding ethical vegan companies, yeah they cost more but you have the money kristen. I don't have the money so I buy less stuff it evens out at the end, you don't need a huge wardrobe Kristen. She just lounges at home most of the times and wears the same shit half the time anyways. And while I agree that no vegan is 100% vegan, I know my electronics might be pieced together with glue that isn't vegan when I get a yeast infection I'll take antibiotics. Sometimes we just don't have viable alternatives so you do the best you can, no reason to be a vegan martyr. But she is just lazy and vegan when it's convenient she makes a horrible vegan ambassador.
These users thanked the author Jtoaks for the post (total 2):
mikahcoralribbons

mikah
Sprout

Post by mikah » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 am

Ohhh my god, does she always have to make excuses for herself? This video would actually be helpful if she just admitted to not eating vegan and apologized, not only to people who look up to her, but also and most importantly to all people she BASHED and SHITTED ON for the exact same mistakes she makes and all the companies she represents."We need to allow vegans to make mistakes" Yeah cool, we are all human,but you have been vegan for what- 7 years? more? And popcorn, perfume and candy is hardly a good excuse for a person who claims has been vegan for such a long time.

So what this video was, basically, is making more excuses for herself and bashing more people for her own mistakes. What a change, Kristen.
These users thanked the author mikah for the post (total 2):
JtoaksWest

Jtoaks
Seed

Post by Jtoaks » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:02 am

Exactly Mikah! what bothers me is not that she's not 100% vegan, no one is. And it's true she does more than most, and no one is perfect. What annoys me is how much of a hypocrite she is. For years, she has bashed people for eating meat and doing other non vegan things, most recently and publicly with crissy teigen. She has profited from being vegan when she is still fucking eating animals products! It's not like she's relaxing on legitimate shit like meds, she just wants to continue eating candy. How serious are you about your cause when you justify eating something non vegan when an alternative is at arms length away. I wouldn't be so hard on her if she was a new vegan or was someone with less resources, like not having enough money, being a minor living at home, living in the Midwest with hard to find vegan products, etc, but she lives in LA! omg she has the money to buy from 100% vegan fair trade clothing stores and to dine at LAs dozens of 100% vegan restaurants. She's just lazy or doesn't care.
These users thanked the author Jtoaks for the post (total 2):
mikahWest

Gossipgirlxoxo
Seed

Post by Gossipgirlxoxo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

I was pretty shocked when she said she eats non vegan candy. I went from vegetarian to vegan overnight and haven't picked up non vegan chocolate since. I guess I just found the transition easier and I have a negative association with any milk products so picking them up doesn't occur to me.

But honestly, despite my own experiences, I don't think it's a big deal. Every vegan slips up in their own way. I'm sure most vegans have that one thing that they haven't given up out of convenience or old habits sake. I still buy the same max factor mascara I've used since I was 15 because it's my favourite, it's cheap and I can't part with it, even though it isn't cruelty free.

In the bigger scheme of things she has had a positive influence on countless people and has assisted in the vegan movement. I found her channel a few years back when I turned vegan and at the time she honestly was the only "normal" non freelee type, actually eating junk food and cooked food, doing it for ethical reasons rather than health, who had interests in things other than veganism, vegan YouTuber. I found her channel a lot more accessible than these raw food eating, hippy types that made ridiculous claims about veganism changing eye colour or curing cancer. She's just a normal city girl who happens to care about the lives of animals ("The lives of animals" is a great book by the way).

I think it's great that she's honest about it and again, it makes her real and accessible. I don't think there's anything wrong with promoting the vegan lifestyle while occasionally having the odd slip up.
These users thanked the author Gossipgirlxoxo for the post (total 2):
pretendcatspicytiff

pretendcat
Foliage

Post by pretendcat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm

I honestly dont see how how eating a chocolate bar once in a while and using like 3 products doesnt make her vegan. I agree with her 100% that people who act like "vegan police" over tiny little things like this need to chill the fuck out. I'm sorry but why do vegans go off on other vegans for stuff like that when they're STILL doing more good for the earth than someone who isnt vegan at all? Would you rather someone just stop being vegan and go back to eating meat and wearing leather? Isnt it easier just to stfu and let people live their lives? Its BS like this that makes me think if I ever go vegan I'm never going to tell anyone unless they ask me first, because I dont feel like its necessary to get criticized for choosing to eat what I want especially when its doing more good than it is bad. It's funny to me that she said "I know some of you are going to say it's so easy to find alternatives, and you're right, but I just havent found alternatives that I like yet" and people are still going off on her? Like she literally SAID "I know its stupid" and she's still getting backlash? Come on. How long have people waited for her to own up to her lies and hypocrisy, and now that she is, you're mad about it? I just dont get it.

I swear to god, people hate vegans so much and its OTHER VEGANS that are causing it! Its like you're not allowed to be vegan unless you freaking sell your soul to the devil first. She's a human being, and she's never claimed to be perfect at anything. I dont get why this is the topic people pick her apart for. I personally dont care. I just want to know more about her relationship drama lol.
These users thanked the author pretendcat for the post (total 2):
spicytiffShadow1992

Gossipgirlxoxo
Seed

Post by Gossipgirlxoxo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:14 pm

@pretendcat I totally agree with your post and I think a lot of vegan police aren't even vegan lol it seems like they're triggered by veganism so when they see a slip it's like "ha, see you're not perfect after all!" when no one claimed to be perfect in the first place!

I also think some vegans are way too rigid about it and almost behave as though you have to be completely flawless to earn the vegan title!

Do any of you guys remember when freelee etc. got onto
Annie jaffrey for putting on makeup during a bike ride? Like, seriously?!

Maybe she will reveal some relationship drama in today's video.

mikah
Sprout

Post by mikah » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:12 pm

It's not about being vegan though, it's about being a hypocrite and minding her own business. I have no problem with her being 99% vegan or 1% vegan, I honestly couldn't care less. It's about how she adressed the issue.

First off, no one is obligated to be vegan. I have never heard of someone who bashed a random person on twitter for not wearing fur or not eating meat. It's always the other way around. If you want to be vegan and help animals- that's great, you do you. But you have no right to tell people how to live their lives and agressively attack them for their choices. This is where I have a problem. That is crossing a line. To me Kalel has always been in the same bag as Freelee and PETA (but not that level of crazy yet). She has a history of bashing people for the smallest and stupidest things herself (f.e. "riding horses is animal abuse"/"using horses in GoT series is animal abuse");she made countless tweets about other people, also random strangers she saw in the street, literally ATTACKING them for wearing "real" fur she didn't even know it's real or faux. Finally, she made videos bashing other people (Ingrid Nilsen) and allowing her minions to later on attack those people as well (Freelee style). Justifying such behaviour by "the good cause" is just not acceptable. She made a choice to be a self proclaimed "vegan queen". A conscious choice to act this way, like an "angry vegan" all vegans hate.

Now she's making a video saying: she's tired of checking the ingredients, she's done with looking for a perfect razor that will fit her esthetic, she's craving real popcorn and candy, she's loves her plastic surgery and fillers, she can't let go of her non-vegan makeup. These are not mistakes, a mistake was her buying one cup of ben and jerry's ice cream that wasn't vegan. BY MISTAKE. She's an egoist and I'm seriously tired of her constantly complaing and making excuses for herself. Whether it's being vegan or being lazy or whatever. It is never her fault. If she claims to be so educated on the topic, why does she blame "the vegan police" for her weaknesses? It's no one else's fault that you can't resist the dairy, girl. People are just pointing out she's not as much of a vegan queen she wants to be. If you don't want to be vegan- don't be vegan! If you do, act like one. If you want to be only 50% vegan- fantastic. But don't you dare jugde other people, and in all the years I have watched her this is all she did.
These users thanked the author mikah for the post (total 3):
JtoaksWestCuriosity

Syndra
Sprout
Has thanked: 0

Post by Syndra » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm

I really cannot hate someone who is trying their best to open up and be honest the best way they can. But the problem with her is the hypocrisy that comes with her being vegan. People wouldn't care if she was vegan or vegetarien if she didn't act so judgmental and aggresive towards other people.

I really hate it when vegans go "I contributed more than you so I'm allowed to do this without being judged" uh, get off the pedestal.
These users thanked the author Syndra for the post (total 3):
Jtoaksmikahpretendcat

spicytiff
Seed

Post by spicytiff » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:58 pm

mikah wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:12 pm
It's not about being vegan though, it's about being a hypocrite and minding her own business. I have no problem with her being 99% vegan or 1% vegan, I honestly couldn't care less. It's about how she adressed the issue.

First off, no one is obligated to be vegan. I have never heard of someone who bashed a random person on twitter for not wearing fur or not eating meat. It's always the other way around. If you want to be vegan and help animals- that's great, you do you. But you have no right to tell people how to live their lives and agressively attack them for their choices. This is where I have a problem. That is crossing a line. To me Kalel has always been in the same bag as Freelee and PETA (but not that level of crazy yet). She has a history of bashing people for the smallest and stupidest things herself (f.e. "riding horses is animal abuse"/"using horses in GoT series is animal abuse");she made countless tweets about other people, also random strangers she saw in the street, literally ATTACKING them for wearing "real" fur she didn't even know it's real or faux. Finally, she made videos bashing other people (Ingrid Nilsen) and allowing her minions to later on attack those people as well (Freelee style). Justifying such behaviour by "the good cause" is just not acceptable. She made a choice to be a self proclaimed "vegan queen". A conscious choice to act this way, like an "angry vegan" all vegans hate.

Now she's making a video saying: she's tired of checking the ingredients, she's done with looking for a perfect razor that will fit her esthetic, she's craving real popcorn and candy, she's loves her plastic surgery and fillers, she can't let go of her non-vegan makeup. These are not mistakes, a mistake was her buying one cup of ben and jerry's ice cream that wasn't vegan. BY MISTAKE. She's an egoist and I'm seriously tired of her constantly complaing and making excuses for herself. Whether it's being vegan or being lazy or whatever. It is never her fault. If she claims to be so educated on the topic, why does she blame "the vegan police" for her weaknesses? It's no one else's fault that you can't resist the dairy, girl. People are just pointing out she's not as much of a vegan queen she wants to be. If you don't want to be vegan- don't be vegan! If you do, act like one. If you want to be only 50% vegan- fantastic. But don't you dare jugde other people, and in all the years I have watched her this is all she did.
This is true. She must have been getting tired of keeping up the facade and wants to come out with her "true" "vegan-ish" self but we all knew this from the start, didnt we? That she became known as 'the vegan' so she just kinda went with it all these years. It was only because she touted herself as the vegan queen that we called her out when she bought or consumed non-vegan things. If you say you eat vegetarian/vegan sometimes no one bats an eye but once you say you are outright vegan no one lets anything slip.

I've been a vegan for just about 6 months now and I did kinda think it was suspicious how much of her diet still revolved around the faux meats and cheeses and snacks, just because of how long she's been vegan (cos I can say your tastebuds do change and adjust the more you eat whole, plant-based foods). It made me think she still missed the non-vegan stuff all along. I don't doubt that she cares about the vegan message but this video does make all her previous rants and attacks a hypocrisy, and that's not fair at all. I can only hope that since she's "come out" now that she'll chill with the outright attacks and maybe be truer to herself and her followers. In my eyes it's easier to promote moderation than an all or nothing mentality.
These users thanked the author spicytiff for the post (total 2):
mikahJtoaks

Gossipgirlxoxo
Seed

Post by Gossipgirlxoxo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm torn when it comes to the "attacking" people on social media thing. I personally don't discuss my veganism with my carnivore friends, family or anyone for that matter. As a consequence how many people have turned vegan because of me? Zero. My veganism makes my foot print lighter but it ends there.

Whether it's rude, offensive or hypocritical, her rants and "attacks" do make a change and raise awareness! And isn't that the most important thing?

spicytiff
Seed

Post by spicytiff » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Gossipgirlxoxo wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:35 pm
I'm torn when it comes to the "attacking" people on social media thing. I personally don't discuss my veganism with my carnivore friends, family or anyone for that matter. As a consequence how many people have turned vegan because of me? Zero. My veganism makes my foot print lighter but it ends there.

Whether it's rude, offensive or hypocritical, her rants and "attacks" do make a change and raise awareness! And isn't that the most important thing?
I avoid discussing it unless it comes up naturally, and if the person seems receptive to it I talk about the positives. I dont push them any sort of way, I just hope to plant a seed in their mind. There is a line between being passionate about veganism/wanting to raise awareness and outright bashing people about it. When people are verbally attacked and told "you're wrong for x or y" their first reaction is to get defensive. Additionally, aggressive rants may reach a large audience and cause drama but not necessarily the good kind--it can reinforce the negative image that people have of vegans and put even more people off even considering it. There are ways to influence people positively and spread the message without being nasty about it.

Personally I was more receptive to veganism after learning about the health/environmental benefits and watching stuff like what I eat in a days. And my love for animals is also a huge part of it, but those shock factor PETA videos and aggressive shove-it-down-your-throat vegans do not have a lasting impact unless you are already invested.
These users thanked the author spicytiff for the post (total 3):
GossipgirlxoxoJtoaksShadow1992

Gossipgirlxoxo
Seed

Post by Gossipgirlxoxo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:57 pm

spicytiff wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:34 pm
Personally I was more receptive to veganism after learning about the health/environmental benefits and watching stuff like what I eat in a days. And my love for animals is also a huge part of it, but those shock factor PETA videos and aggressive shove-it-down-your-throat vegans do not have a lasting impact unless you are already invested.
I do think that this is a really key point and have often wondered if PETA would have more success if they focused on selling the positive side of veganism rather than trying to warn people off meat, sparking the question "what will I gain?" rather than "what should I avoid?"

But perhaps there are benefits to both selling the lifestyle and highlighting animal cruelty? The latter can cause resistance but also inspires debate which is a good thing.

blurholic
Bud
Has thanked: 0

Post by blurholic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Have y'all seen her new video? Crap, it's a relationship one and I knew this would happen... Kristin will no longer have that house thingy, getting married and have half-Persian babies. Kinda feel upset she expected too much but we all know that Cyrus is a kind of a d*ck. She's better off without him anyway.

And....now that she's single, I guess her cookbook fantasy is gone, so does her plans of her proposal, wedding stuff.

Return to “Kalel Kitten/Cullen/Kristin Smith”