#Spon Dawson and the Gucci Slide Gang Part 2

HEYWHATSUPYOUGUYS
Sunglass
Seed

Re: #Spon Dawson and the Gucci Slide Gang Part 2

Post by Sunglass » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Damn I’m not gonna lie I absolutely love Shane but this is taking the piss right? Why wait till Wednesday? What’s the point? There’s no way it isn’t editited, surely you would edit them all together not leave it 3 days since the last one was uploaded to start editing. I understand it’s a lot of work but there’s no way in hell it takes this long! I’m actually slightly disappointed
These users thanked the author Sunglass for the post (total 3):
pretendcatsaltycrackerkinoko

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 am

Hey all

In this weeks podcast we go pretty in depth into Jeffree star's racist past before we chat about the videos, I know a lot of people weren't aware so if you're interested please give it a listen <3 It's 35:20 for those who just wanna jump to it :)
https://soundcloud.com/thegossipgarden/ ... k-too-much
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post:
Sunglass
Episode 25: Jessica Ballinger, Cut, Grav3yard Girl, Chris Ingham
Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2vEKdNC iTunes: https://apple.co/2J0dcQp

barnicole85
Sprout

Post by barnicole85 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 pm

I've only recently just started watching Shane's videos - I enjoyed some of the other "series" but this one is a bit of a yawn fest. Yes we know Jeffree is rich but that's because he's got a successful business and investments.

I didn't know too much about Jeffree but would have liked more about how he was able to "rise from the ashes" so to speak going from his music career to his makeup business. The only thing this set of videos has shown is that Jeffree is a great businessman. I too, would actually like to know more about how he did it and how he invests. I find the business side very interesting! If Jeffree wrote a book about business I would read it!!

Who knows what the last 2 videos will be like, hopefully a bit more insight than what we've already got.

dreamcatcher
Global Moderator

Post by dreamcatcher » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Vicey wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 pm
I'm so mad about the fact it wasn't all already edited. He is just lazy at this point. Seeing how hard Jeffree works, you'd think might light a fire under his ass. But nope. Keep complaining about being poor Shane. Youre lazy. Jeffree is rich because he works his ass off. You aren't as rich because you sit in your filthy house eating ordered in food all day instead doing one series a month. End rant...
Seeing how much Jeffree puts into his businesses was really admirable. I got a little motivation just watching it, let alone if I were to have a personal relationship with him. Shane IS lazy and honestly, I don't think he's rich. I think he gets sponsor money, and then blows it. On his house, the G Wagon, Bobby's car, and everything else he has ever bought for a video. So he has the ability to aquire large amounts of money, but I don't think he saves much if not any of it.
They only eat take-out for every meal, they always have Starbucks coffees every time we see them.
So if his channel died tomorrow, I think Shane would be in a LOT of trouble.

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Today's video was both cringey and boring. So Shane's going to make a makeup line now? *eyeroll* I LITERALLY groaned when Ryland asked how much money he could make off of it.
And Garrett and Ryland added nothing, as usual. Why did he make JS go to his dirty house? And of course the first thing he points out is his filthy couch... DON'T BE PROUD OF YOUR FILTH omfg are you 9???

And why would he bill this as a two-part finale? It was just part 4... the two-part thing implies there's a cliffhanger or something will carry over to the next video... it didn't end that way at all.

I only complain because I genuinely enjoy Shane's content, but his posting schedule has been erratic and his content hasn't been great lately. It's like, we know he's better than this and he keeps letting us down.

But then again, he's getting crazy views and everyone in the comments seems to love it, so what do I know?
These users thanked the author anonymousfriend295 for the post:
West

crissdank
Sunflower

Post by crissdank » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Again... a pointless video. This is what he spent so much time editing? Really? I also hate how he makes the good parts of the "Trailer" look as if its gonna be the next video but it never is. Like last week when he made the "Yes. ...Never said that out loud before" and Shane freaking out bit look like it was gonna be this HUGE twist that was gonna be revealed in the first video but it... was the last one, and the reveal was that Jeffree is... rich? Shocker. But then again it's another form of clickbait and why would he not want to make it look exciting which I totally get but from the whole series so far.. none of it was anything new or surprising. To me it was 136 minutes/2+ hours of extra footage. The false hype is so frustrating.

Also, Idk if anyone noticed but Jessica Buttafouco (his co-host from the podcast) was in the background a few times throughout this series and I wonder why she's there? I doubt she just tagged along for no reason she must be his assistant (or Jeffree's possibly?) or something. If I'm not mistaken I remember Shane saying that after the podcast ended Jess didn't have a job anymore so maybe he hired her?

Raspberry
Sprout

Post by Raspberry » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Wow can Ryland make it any more obvious that all he cares about is money.. “how much will he make?” And then gasping when Jeffree says 1mil a day?? Like ok sweetie that money is not gonna be yours so idk why you have that little smirk on your face ugh seriously starting to dislike Ryland so much /: also did Morgan move back home? I thought she was living in LA for good?
These users thanked the author Raspberry for the post:
West

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Raspberry wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm
Wow can Ryland make it any more obvious that all he cares about is money.. “how much will he make?” And then gasping when Jeffree says 1mil a day?? Like ok sweetie that money is not gonna be yours so idk why you have that little smirk on your face ugh seriously starting to dislike Ryland so much /: also did Morgan move back home? I thought she was living in LA for good?
I know she vlogged from home last week. I haven't seen anything about her moving back permanently. It looked like her bed was still set up in Ryland and Shane's office at their house... but we all know they're lazy af so it who knows how long it'd take them to get it out.

Speaking of that... Why would they give her the office? Like, why not move the two pieces of exercise equipment into that room with the game machines or to the garage or something and give her give her the "gym"? That would work so much better as a bedroom for her and they could still have their office - maybe it wouldn't take Shane 6 years to edit if he had his usual workspace?

And yeah... they have no idea how business works lmao. Ryland gasping at making a million bucks in a day... like... okay. Jeffree is rich, yes. But if you look up estimates of his net worth, most think it's in the $5m range. I think those people don't have a lot of the details, like his invest properties and whatnot. So maybe add 2-3m to that. But from the last video, when he said his company brought in over $100m, it seemed like Shane thought that money was HIS. But no, the vast, vast majority of that money goes back into the company. So, Ryland, you might have a million dollar launch, but you'll probably make a net profit on that under $100k. (just pulling numbers out of my butt because I don't know for sure, but surely he doesn't think that selling a million dollars worth of product results in a million dollars of pure profit...)

kinoko
Sprout

Post by kinoko » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:23 am

Low key kinda glad Morgan isn't around right now. I really liked her when she first started her channel but she's become so grating as time has gone on. It used to be just on Shane's videos that she annoyed me, but I also can't watch her channel anymore. That camping video was so irritating.

Anyway, on topic:

I think I like Shane more than most people on this thread, but I have to say that I was severely disappointed by part four of this series. The other parts were good fodder for passing time and revealed some mildly interesting stuff about Jeffree that I didn't know. Definitely not groundbreaking or innovative though. It was interesting to learn about someone on Youtube who I know exists but have been cautious of looking into because of his problematic past. Not sure if I'll ever support Jeffree, but it's interesting nonetheless. I can see how the first three parts appealed to the general Youtube population because, as mentioned in the videos, a lot of Jeffree's current subscribers don't know about who he was pre-Youtube/makeup brand.

HOWEVER, this part was exceptionally useless and exceptionally boring. Like wow, literally NOTHING happened and NOTHING new was revealed. They literally walked around the factory and talked about nothing except for a hypothetical Shane Dawson eyeshadow palette. Kinda makes me see the series as a whole as the let down it is because I was looking for something at least vaguely insightful, but really it's just a bunch of filler so that Shane has an excuse not to upload for three more weeks. :-? His series used to be about things he really cared about, like his first love, his dad, etc. Those first few series were great but now they're all...this lol.

Shane does say that every two years people start to hate him. I wonder if it's because he has a burst of innovation (and subsequent success) and then begins to get lazy and take it for granted. When he gets lazy, people get upset, and then it cycles over again.

I don't hate or even dislike Shane, but I have to say I'm getting increasingly disappointed in him and his excuses.
These users thanked the author kinoko for the post:
pretendcat

ignorantslut
Seed

Post by ignorantslut » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:47 am

Shane's recent title game is another extension of his laziness. The last series was basically the same title used three times - some derivative of "The truth about Tana." This time we get to learn about both "The secret WORLD of Jeffree Star" and "The secret LIFE of Jeffree Star."

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:52 am

I can't with the squad. They are like little 10 year olds who are still learning what is and isnt appropriate. Jeffree was super serious about not fucking around in his place of business, then Garrett goes into instant idiot mode. It's like they're so desperate for camera time they forget how to be adults.

The video was BORING, like everyone else said. It's clear that it doesnt matter how anyone feels though, it's all about $$$$ for Shane.

Also seeing the preview, it's interesting how Shane just glosses over how problematic jeffree star is because Shane has been problematic too. The way he said it, made it seem like it wasnt them who were the problem, it was the fans. Like sorry Shane bb, black face is forever.
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post:
Shadow1992

kinoko
Sprout

Post by kinoko » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:09 am

Tusky wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:52 am
I can't with the squad. They are like little 10 year olds who are still learning what is and isnt appropriate. Jeffree was super serious about not fucking around in his place of business, then Garrett goes into instant idiot mode. It's like they're so desperate for camera time they forget how to be adults.
Ugh, the Garrett thing was so annoying! It reminded me of how he fucked around during the Bunny collab and ended up really upsetting her. He takes the "naive troublemaker" schtick way too far and it's really embarrassing and unprofessional.
These users thanked the author kinoko for the post (total 3):
RaspberryShadow1992KMcWitty

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:27 am

kinoko wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:09 am
Tusky wrote:
Ugh, the Garrett thing was so annoying! It reminded me of how he fucked around during the Bunny collab and ended up really upsetting her. He takes the "naive troublemaker" schtick way too far and it's really embarrassing and unprofessional.
I understand the point of the squad in some videos. They can be fun sometimes. You get a bunch of different reactions to the situations they're in. But if they're going to be there, they need to have something to do. There needs to be a reason they're there. I don't understand why Shane spent a whole day with JS by himself - three videos - then suddenly decided to include Ryland and Garrett... who had nothing to do in the video... and it seems like they're not going to be a big part of the finale either...

Guarantee it had something to do with Ryland wanting to meet JS so he can gawk at his richness. Anyone know if they'd met before? I know JS and Shane know each other, but I'm not sure about Ryland. He seemed so starstruck in both this video and the one on his channel...

Also, side note: I loved the way JS acted around Ryland. Like... I'm not sure how to describe it. He kind of ignore him? And then he was fawning all over Garrett... I loved when he said something like "I'll take the big one ;)" because I think part of his ego comes from the fact that most people think he's the most attractive one in the squad. They even discussed some of that in the video where he wears the fat suit. I wonder how he felt when his Gucci idol was really into Garrett and didn't seem to care at all about him... bet that hurt
These users thanked the author anonymousfriend295 for the post:
pretendcat

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:09 am

anonymousfriend295 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:27 am
kinoko wrote:
Tusky wrote:
I understand the point of the squad in some videos. They can be fun sometimes. You get a bunch of different reactions to the situations they're in. But if they're going to be there, they need to have something to do. There needs to be a reason they're there. I don't understand why Shane spent a whole day with JS by himself - three videos - then suddenly decided to include Ryland and Garrett... who had nothing to do in the video... and it seems like they're not going to be a big part of the finale either...

Guarantee it had something to do with Ryland wanting to meet JS so he can gawk at his richness. Anyone know if they'd met before? I know JS and Shane know each other, but I'm not sure about Ryland. He seemed so starstruck in both this video and the one on his channel...

Also, side note: I loved the way JS acted around Ryland. Like... I'm not sure how to describe it. He kind of ignore him? And then he was fawning all over Garrett... I loved when he said something like "I'll take the big one ;)" because I think part of his ego comes from the fact that most people think he's the most attractive one in the squad. They even discussed some of that in the video where he wears the fat suit. I wonder how he felt when his Gucci idol was really into Garrett and didn't seem to care at all about him... bet that hurt
I mean Ryland looks like a literal 5ft toddler, which probably isn't jeffree's type lol. There was really no point to the squad.

I can see this becoming a thing kinda like Colleen, where Shane isn't going to be able to handle any criticism regarding his channel. The squad is good in situations where its JUST shane, or with a guest who doesn't hold their own.

Also, really, what does Ryland DO? He makes 1 video a week.

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Tusky wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:09 am
kinoko wrote:

I mean Ryland looks like a literal 5ft toddler, which probably isn't jeffree's type lol. There was really no point to the squad.

I can see this becoming a thing kinda like Colleen, where Shane isn't going to be able to handle any criticism regarding his channel. The squad is good in situations where its JUST shane, or with a guest who doesn't hold their own.

Lol I wonder the same thing. But apparently, he is just SOOO busy that he needs a fucking assistant I am DECEASED.

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:09 pm

strawberrybob wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:48 pm
Tusky wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:09 am

Lol I wonder the same thing. But apparently, he is just SOOO busy that he needs a fucking assistant I am DECEASED.
Ryland has an assistant? You've got to be kidding me...

But yeah, the whole squad is just lazy af. Morgan does nothing. Ryland does nothing. I don't even understand how Garrett pays his rent... at least the other two are outright mooching off of Shane; Garrett has his own place even though he only uploads like once a year lmao

RatchetRachel
Admin

Post by RatchetRachel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Whew well after four episodes of some runaround bullshit that fifth was pretty impressive imo.
These users thanked the author RatchetRachel for the post:
kinoko
Podcast 25 - F*ck It, We'll Do It Live!
https://soundcloud.com/thegossipgarden/ ... do-it-live

Return to “Shane Dawson”