#Spon Dawson and the Gucci Slide Gang Part 2

HEYWHATSUPYOUGUYS
anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Re: #Spon Dawson and the Gucci Slide Gang Part 2

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:15 am

I gave in and watched too. The second video was a complete waste of time. A half hour of absolutely nothing...

The third was marginally more interesting. But I don't get the constant "what the fuck" reactions to the warehouse... he has a products business that requires a warehouse... I don't understand what's so shocking about that. Shane's playing it up for the camera like usual, but it's like he can't think of anything actually shocking about the situation, so he just pretends to be at a loss for words.

Also, is he conflating JS's personal wealth with the company's? I know they're related, but part of Shane's shock seemed to be that he thought JS was paying $175k or whatever per month out of his own pocket. And the north of $100m annual revenue is for the company, not JS. Most of that money will go back into the company, not into JS's bank accounts.

This just tells me again that Shane needs someone to handle the business side of his own work. If he doesn't understand something as basic as how revenue for a business works, I don't think he can effectively handle his own business. Even Jeffree seems to have gotten that memo - I'm impressed at how well the dude knows his numbers - Marcus Lemonis would be proud - but it's clear that he has someone else handling the money for the business. Maybe Shane could get sponsors without having to beg on twitter.

I don't dislike JS as much as I thought I did, I guess. I'm not into his genre of videos at all, so I doubt I'll watch his channel in the future, but I was expecting to hate him. I think he has a fun personality. And tbh he and Nate are super cute together.

Does anyone else feel like JS is getting annoyed with Shane's constant shock and awe? And not in a rich-person-looks-down-poor-person kind of way, but just annoyed at how over-animated Shane is being? Like he can tell it's all fake... and I actually kind of felt bad for JS, especially when they were driving to the warehouse. Shane kept pretending to be JS and yelling at the other cars, like, get out of the way, you peasants, I'm Jeffree Fucking Star! And after watching these videos, I don't think that's who he is at all... his face just kind of went blank a few times while Shane was doing that...

I usually don't mind Shane, but he's being really annoying in this series. The preview for the next episode made me realize just how nice it was not having the Squad around... the last two videos are going to be so annoying now that they're back.

Also, did anyone see this? Perez Hilton basically called Shane out for his shitty series: https://twitter.com/shanedawson/status/ ... 1546772480
These users thanked the author anonymousfriend295 for the post (total 2):
crissdanksaltycracker

crissdank
Sunflower

Post by crissdank » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:44 am

anonymousfriend295 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:15 am
Also, did anyone see this? Perez Hilton basically called Shane out for his shitty series: https://twitter.com/shanedawson/status/ ... 1546772480
Never thought I'd agree with Perez Hilton lol but he's right tbh. I'm starting to think maybe Shane felt the need to make this such a long "series" because people were annoyed that he doesn't post much so he's making up for it? I remember him tweeting asking if he should post extra footage on the channel or to put it on patreon(?), I guess he decided to just not edit it out plus he can make more money off of it this way.

I hope Shane isn't actually that gagged over Jeffree's wealth off-camera because that is not how you build a genuine friendship. I would be so uncomfortable if a new friend of mine was basically in tears and screaming over materialistic bullshit. It's just cringey and gives the wrong impression. I'm hoping this is just a character and Jeffree understands that it's just for the camera and to hype shit up.

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:49 am

I definitely felt that he was playing up for Shane. Theres no way Shane didnt know about his brands. Tbh it just made Shane look dumb. I'm tired of him trying to compare his financial situation as if hes relatable and broke. If you're financially stable enough to own a home and splurge on holidays and gucci slides, there's no room for being fake poor.

I think the car screaming came from j*'s Myspace days where he yelled racist shit and mysoginistic stuff from his car
Episode 25: Jessica Ballinger, Cut, Grav3yard Girl, Chris Ingham
Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2vEKdNC iTunes: https://apple.co/2J0dcQp

KMcWitty
Sunflower

Post by KMcWitty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:35 am

Ugh literally let out an audible groan when I saw Garrett and the squad would be back for the final 2 parts. Ah well, at least we got 3 parts without them.

So part 3 was great I thought... Apart from Shane's OTT reactions to the warehouse (which I thought was actually pretty quaint given the size of his company, I didn't have Shane's reaction lol). At the end of Part 2 I was like "really? I'm supposed to feel sad that a wannabe famous popstar had to settle for a million dollar makeup company?" but at the end of part 3 I had so much respect for Jeffree. He's definitely smarter than people give him credit for... He knew where the money was and where to invest and he's reaping what he sowed. What I want to know is what he was doing in that block of time after he quit music and before he launched his company?? It's insane how fast he became a millionaire off his ventures.

Also did you guys see how defensive Shane got when Jeffree was like "I don't know how much you make"? Shane immediately was like "NOT THAT MUCH!". Also Nate was fiiiiine af in part 3 damn.
These users thanked the author KMcWitty for the post (total 3):
Tuskystrawberrybobangryhamster

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:47 am

crissdank wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:44 am
anonymousfriend295 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:15 am
Never thought I'd agree with Perez Hilton lol but he's right tbh. I'm starting to think maybe Shane felt the need to make this such a long "series" because people were annoyed that he doesn't post much so he's making up for it? I remember him tweeting asking if he should post extra footage on the channel or to put it on patreon(?), I guess he decided to just not edit it out plus he can make more money off of it this way.

I hope Shane isn't actually that gagged over Jeffree's wealth off-camera because that is not how you build a genuine friendship. I would be so uncomfortable if a new friend of mine was basically in tears and screaming over materialistic bullshit. It's just cringey and gives the wrong impression. I'm hoping this is just a character and Jeffree understands that it's just for the camera and to hype shit up.
A good editor knows when to cut. His most recent series have me thinking that he's gotten lucky with the content he produces, and that he doesn't have the kind of critical eye he thinks he does. I remember when he was making the movie for The Chair, one of the judges or mentors or whatever they're called basically said that one of the double-edged swords of Shane's production style is that he knows exactly what he wants, and he doesn't do anything extra. It's great to have that kind of vision, but it's also not great because if something doesn't work, you don't have room to cut it. I think he has this vision in his head of what he wants and the vision is often "cleaner" than the reality. So to us, it looks like a bloated mess, but Shane just sees his vision so it looks fine. He doesn't have a critical eye, so he can't cut the fluff.

I definitely agree with you, especially after JS kind of opened up about how he's lost friendships and family members because everyone thinks they have a claim or just kind of assume he'll pay for things or feel entitled to things just because they're friends and they know he can afford. I'm not AT ALL wealthy, but I've had relationships like that before. I like to think I'm pretty generous... back before I came out, I dated this girl who just assumed I'd pay for everything. Caused a real rift. Same with some friends. Like, sometimes I'll be like "Hey, want to go to a movie? I'll buy your ticket" just so I can have someone to hang out with, but it often becomes an expectation. Lately, it's been happening with my mom... it's very frustrating. I can't imagine what it would be like if I was actually wealthy. Seeing Shane go gaga over his possessions is probably annoying for him. But then again, this 30 something is hanging out with a teenager - James Charles - who you know is really materialistic. So I kind of think JS probably gets himself into these situations.
Tusky wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:49 am
I definitely felt that he was playing up for Shane. Theres no way Shane didnt know about his brands. Tbh it just made Shane look dumb. I'm tired of him trying to compare his financial situation as if hes relatable and broke. If you're financially stable enough to own a home and splurge on holidays and gucci slides, there's no room for being fake poor.

I think the car screaming came from j*'s Myspace days where he yelled racist shit and mysoginistic stuff from his car
Yeah. You can't claim you're poor when you bought a multi-millionaire dollar house in the Hollywood Hills, don't even have pots and pans to cook with because you order in for literally every single meal, and make multi-part video series detailing an $80,000 trip to fucking TEXAS, while your boyfriend buys a car for $125k... not to mention the things he buys for people (Bobby's jeep) and the money he gives strangers (Toys R Us girl?) and the rent on a three story office/townhouse he doesn't use... just stop. It's annoying as fuck. I'm getting sick of it.

When you lay out all of these things, it really makes me wonder about his finances. He can't be doing that poorly with youtube ads. I know there are different tiers of ads, and some pay more than others. But if he thinks he's not doing well financially, he's way out of touch...
Tuskycrissdank

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Can I just ask what the fuck kind of cameraman andrew is? What cameraman talks and laughs while he's filming shit he's getting paid for? He has a hard time even focusing correctly on stuff Shane shows.

I feel like the main reason he was hired is because he was garrett's friend beforehand.
These users thanked the author strawberrybob for the post (total 4):
CakeyWestsaltycrackerdanielwolf

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:05 pm

strawberrybob wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:56 pm
Can I just ask what the fuck kind of cameraman andrew is? What cameraman talks and laughs while he's filming shit he's getting paid for? He has a hard time even focusing correctly on stuff Shane shows.

I feel like the main reason he was hired is because he was garrett's friend beforehand.
He used to do ok too. Someone in the beautyguruchatter sub said they get motion sickness from how he films.

I get the talking when it's just him and Shane but it's too much throughout the whole vid

dreamcatcher
Global Moderator

Post by dreamcatcher » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:59 am

Tusky wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:05 pm
strawberrybob wrote:

He used to do ok too. Someone in the beautyguruchatter sub said they get motion sickness from how he films.

I get the talking when it's just him and Shane but it's too much throughout the whole vid
I think the laughing/talking happens because when they first introduced Andrew so many people commented about being obsessed with his laugh - and now he laughs at EVERYTHING.
I liked Andrew when we first met him, I thought he seemed really sweet. But as time went on he got kind of douchey and he tries really hard to act and talk just like Shane and Garrett. Why do Youtubers have a tend to morph into each other after a while?
These users thanked the author dreamcatcher for the post (total 2):
KMcWittypretendcat

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:53 am

dreamcatcher wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:59 am
Tusky wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:05 pm
strawberrybob wrote:

I think the laughing/talking happens because when they first introduced Andrew so many people commented about being obsessed with his laugh - and now he laughs at EVERYTHING.
I liked Andrew when we first met him, I thought he seemed really sweet. But as time went on he got kind of douchey and he tries really hard to act and talk just like Shane and Garrett. Why do Youtubers have a tend to morph into each other after a while?
That's exactly it. Shane started using a cameraman a while back and it great improved the quality of his videos. Andrew was pretty silent during that time. You might hear a little laugh once in a while, and then you'd get youtube comp videos like "Shane's cameraman laughing adorably for 3 minutes straight." It was a nice touch. But then everyone loved him after Shane did the "revealing my cameraman" video or whatever it was called, and then after he set him up with that other youtuber on one of those blind dates he did for a while, he was officially part of the squad (speaking of which, Shane is obviously a terrible matchmaker. He hope he never does it again because it's cringey af). Basically, i'm 100% sure that Shane "directed" Andrew to get more involved after all that. The audience liked him and his laughing, so do that as much as possible. I think it's started to go over the top, myself.

I don't think it's just youtubers who morph into each other. Everyone picks up qualities from their friends when they hang out for a while. I can't really blame them for that. Garrett is good in small doses, but he can be a little much.

Did you guys see on twitter yesterday that Shane is still editing this series? And getting emotional about it, of course. But wasn't this series supposed to be finished back in June? It was originally postponed because of Tanacon. Then because he wanted to try to find a sponsor. But he still hasn't finished editing??? What? I thought this one was in the can... why does he wait until the last minute for everything? It's annoying.

Who wants to bet that there won't be a new video for 2-3 weeks because he gave us SO much content this week?
Cakeykinoko

Cakey
Sprout

Post by Cakey » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:45 am

Really not looking forward to the 'squads' presence in the next two or so videos I really enjoyed the one on one time between JS and Shane.
I concur though that Shane will withhold a video if a sponsor drops out.
I kinda feel like this series has missed the mark for me overall so far I wasn't at all surprised at seeing JS house/clothes/cars and multiple warehouses.
What has peaked my interest though is JS talking a little more openly about his rise to fame and his interactions with industry professionals.
The trailer suggests that there will be some BIG revelations about JS personal life/ struggles but the fact that we've seen the 'squad' also in the trailer has made me think that they are going to be distracting AF.

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I used to really like the squad but honestly they all annoy the shit out of me now.
These users thanked the author strawberrybob for the post (total 2):
WestKMcWitty

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 pm

strawberrybob wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm
I used to really like the squad but honestly they all annoy the shit out of me now.
It's like they all fight for camera time. Its exhausting.

Also what happened to his and Garrett's thing

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Tusky wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 pm
strawberrybob wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm
It's like they all fight for camera time. Its exhausting.

Also what happened to his and Garrett's thing
Pure speculation here but I think it's kind of nonexistent/forgotten about right now because Shane is doing very well in terms of views and such with his heavily edited videos. I think the combination of lazy Shane/lots of editing doesn't leave room for much else in his life for more work (aka his "production company"), so I don't see any news of it coming soon.

(I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense I've had a long day and I can barely read what I just wrote lol)

Sunglass
Seed

Post by Sunglass » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:52 pm

When is the next part up? I thought it was gonna be today

Raspberry
Sprout

Post by Raspberry » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Sunglass wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:52 pm
When is the next part up? I thought it was gonna be today
Yeah same. Im guessing he’s going to drag it out as long as possible given that the last 3 parts got 10+ million views. It’s kind of annoying though, he just posted on Instagram story that he’s editing and I’m like bitch you better not still be editing this series cause it’s been like a month since youve filmed it.
These users thanked the author Raspberry for the post:
Sunglass

RatchetRachel
Admin

Post by RatchetRachel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:10 pm

He had posted that part 4 goes up Wednesday, if he finishes editing on time 🙄
Podcast 25 - F*ck It, We'll Do It Live!
https://soundcloud.com/thegossipgarden/ ... do-it-live

Vicey
Seed

Post by Vicey » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 pm

I'm so mad about the fact it wasn't all already edited. He is just lazy at this point. Seeing how hard Jeffree works, you'd think might light a fire under his ass. But nope. Keep complaining about being poor Shane. Youre lazy. Jeffree is rich because he works his ass off. You aren't as rich because you sit in your filthy house eating ordered in food all day instead doing one series a month. End rant...
These users thanked the author Vicey for the post (total 4):
Weststrawberrybobpretendcatdanielwolf

Return to “Shane Dawson”