#Spon Dawson and the Gucci Slide Gang Part 2

HEYWHATSUPYOUGUYS
Tusky
Admin

Re: #Spon Dawson and the Gucci Slide Gang Part 2

Post by Tusky » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:39 am

anonymousfriend295 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:59 am
That was painful. It's 50/50 whether or not I'll watch the rest. Depends on how much I want to procrastinate my own work.

Just all this fawning over wealth... they complain about the Pauls sending the wrong message, glorifying materialism over everything else. Then he has an orgasm every time he goes into another room of Jeffree's house. It really bothers me. People like Shane because he has this relatable persona. We know he's rich, but he's still down to earth. He doesn't wear ugly ass $3000 articles of clothing or blow three years of a normal person's salary on a fucking bag. He doesn't flex. We're not interested in that kind of stuff. It's over the top and honestly insulting.

All that being said, how angry do you think Ryland was when he couldn't go? lmao But honestly, he would have made this video even more unbearable than it already is.
I don't even mind seeing Jeffree's life. but Shane was really the annoying one in the video. I can't believe there are 5 PARTS!!!! I don't think Shane knows what he wants to cover anymore. He started off talking about super interesting things, it was silly but it was also heartfelt. Now it's just all flexing. I'm not sure what i'm meant to get from the vid, he hasn't given us a clear path of what we should be excited about.

Unless Shane shows some balls and really confronts Jeffree about his racist past, I see no point to this video.

Edit: David Dobrik went to Jeffree's place too, and summed up in legit 2 mins :\ https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... g9Zs2L4l8M
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post:
pretendcat
Episode 25: Jessica Ballinger, Cut, Grav3yard Girl, Chris Ingham
Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2vEKdNC iTunes: https://apple.co/2J0dcQp

KMcWitty
Sunflower

Post by KMcWitty » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:32 am

Okay just watched part 1 and a few thoughts. First off I don't know why I don't just wait until part 2 is out of any Shane series before watching part 1 since part 1 is often pretty uneventful in all of his series.

Second, I know Shane has to suspend a bit of disbelief to make it seem more entertaining or shocking as if he's hearing all of Jeffree's rich stats for the first time... But this isn't the first time. The beginning he was talking as if he was about to meet Jeffree for the first time and knew nothing about him... Like dude you've done multiple collabs with him and have had him on your now defunct podcast... Speaking of which, if anyone's listened to the episode Jeffree was on, NOTHING Jeffree said in this video was news to Shane. In the podcast Jeffree talked in detail about his dental work and the 'razor teeth' (and they even joked about them in the video where Jeffree gave Shane a makeup transformation), he talked about how Nate met him before he was rich, he talked about his fulfillment center with his 100 employees, his makeup line and other investments... All of Shane's "WHATTTTT!?!?" reactions were totally fake since Shane already knew this shit. I hope the rest of this series isn't just Shane pretending to act shocked and surprised at stuff he already knew about Jeffree. "I wonder how he's so rich" like come on Shane don't act like you don't know he's made millions off of his cosmetics line.

And that threesome bit was awkwarddddddd. Nate obviously didn't want to discuss that part of their personal life, Jeffree seemed reluctant to and Shane kept pressing for details... And they ended up cutting the footage anyways so I don't know why they didn't just scrap that part of the video entirely.

Other than that this video just felt like a rehash of the Kathy Griffin video tbh. Mostly just Shane walking from room to room ooing and aahing at all of Jeffree's stuff and continuously trying to give the illusion he's poor (stop beating that dead horse Shane). Also I agree with y'all, the flexing is way overboard. Call me jealous all you want (because I am, duh, who wouldn't want that much $$$ lol) and I said this already in the Jeffree thread, but the way Jeffree gloats about his riches rubs me the wrong way. It comes off like "look at all this super bougie shit I have that you never will" more than "I worked my ass off for this". I mean I like Jeffree and his videos, but I can only watch them in small doses since the flexing is so in your face.

Anyways i'm looking forward to seeing the other parts. I wonder what Jeffree admitted to that had Shane so shocked? Part of me is wondering if it's Jeffree coming clean about a detail in the Kat Von D feud. Also this video was soooo nice without the squad there. I wonder if Jeffree requested not to have them there? It's uncharacteristic of Shane to do a video without hauling them around.

Side note: it was so nice to see Jess again! I'm glad Shane still works with her. I guess she's an assistant of sorts?

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:30 pm

All I got from the video is that I'm poor and Jeffree's rich and Shane is pretending to be poor.
These users thanked the author strawberrybob for the post:
pretendcat

danielwolf
Seed

Post by danielwolf » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:32 pm

I was also confused as to why Shane kept questioning "HOW IS HE SO RICH?!" Like..he owns a successful company in addition to making videos lol. If YouTubers that ONLY do YouTube are able to purchase Gucci and live comfortably, imagine how much he can buy with two successful business concepts; his makeup company and YouTube. It's not that hard to understand imo. Also when Jeffree was literally just describing his warehouse and how he has 100 employees or whatever, Shane ofc had his typical "oh my GOD..that's crazy.." response..he literally has a warehouse for his company. What's shocking about that.
These users thanked the author danielwolf for the post:
KMcWitty

Vicey
Seed

Post by Vicey » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Surely Shane has realised he is truly lazy as Fuck..... Just hearing about the things Jeffree has to do in 1 day for his multiple businesses, and its just a normal day for him had Shane horrified.
These users thanked the author Vicey for the post:
danielwolf

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 pm

I don't think I'm going to watch the rest of the JS series. The first video was enough. Anyone mind giving a brief recap of the ridiculousness?

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:31 pm

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 pm
I don't think I'm going to watch the rest of the JS series. The first video was enough. Anyone mind giving a brief recap of the ridiculousness?
So basically they do Shane's make up and discuss Jeffree's past and how he and james charles (who was also there) has grown.

Jeffree talks about how he was meant to be the male lady gaga and signed with Akon (who signed gaga). He signed because he needed money for his taxes but also at that time Akon's life was imploding and it fucked up Star's career. Jeffree went broke and quit music, he said he's not sure if the GP are ready for his music again.

In part 3 i guess he'll make a 30 mins vid putting a wig on

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 am

Tusky wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:31 pm
So basically they do Shane's make up and discuss Jeffree's past and how he and james charles (who was also there) has grown.

Jeffree talks about how he was meant to be the male lady gaga and signed with Akon (who signed gaga). He signed because he needed money for his taxes but also at that time Akon's life was imploding and it fucked up Star's career. Jeffree went broke and quit music, he said he's not sure if the GP are ready for his music again.

Honestly why was james even there? I really don't like him.

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 am

strawberrybob wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 am
Tusky wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:31 pm

Honestly why was james even there? I really don't like him.
He's VERY arrogant when he's not in control of his own editing. I like his tutorials etc but idk.

anonymousfriend295
Sprout

Post by anonymousfriend295 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:52 am

It sounds like this whole series could've been one 45 minute video and he's stretching it out to 5? A whole half hour just for shane's makeup? That's overkill.

I guess part three got a sponsor

Vicey
Seed

Post by Vicey » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 pm

I didn't really have any intention of watching. But I have what I call morning insomnia... I wake up sooo early and can't go back to sleep, so I have now watched 1,2 and 3.

I don't watch Jeffree's videos. I don't enjoy beauty guru stuff. I didn't like him anyway. But he is growing on me. Is the J in these videos real, and the bitchy persona an act, or vice versa? Or a bit of both? Who knows. Shane certainly seems to be making it worse with that Queen persona he puts on. I think Jeffree would be ve slightly more toned down in this series if Shane wasn't overplaying everything. But it is super interesting from a non fan perspective.

crissdank
Sunflower

Post by crissdank » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:56 pm

I agree with those saying this has been stretched much more than it should have. I get that he wants to milk it and thats part of the YouTube game but like 5 parts? Really? What he posted so far could have been summed up in a 30 min video.

It also annoyed me how much Shane pretended to be shocked. He spent 6 minutes (literally) saying "wait what the fuck" over the warehouse... Why was he almost crying? What did he expect? Everyone knows how huge Jeffree's brand is so did he think it was all in a little store room or something? I mean come on. Especially considering the fact that Shane knows a lot of this info already (the podcast). For a rich person who lives in LA.. he sure is hella naive if this isn't a front lol. His fake reactions used to be just an exaggeration that I wouldn't mind, but now it's cringey. These series used to be so good and we couldn't get enough of them but now half of this feels like extra unnecessary footage. Am I alone in this?

(But I gotta say the preview for the next one looks interesting)

LemonSqueezy
Foliage

Post by LemonSqueezy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:34 pm

crissdank wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:56 pm
I agree with those saying this has been stretched much more than it should have. I get that he wants to milk it and thats part of the YouTube game but like 5 parts? Really? What he posted so far could have been summed up in a 30 min video.

It also annoyed me how much Shane pretended to be shocked. He spent 6 minutes (literally) saying "wait what the fuck" over the warehouse... Why was he almost crying? What did he expect? Everyone knows how huge Jeffree's brand is so did he think it was all in a little store room or something? I mean come on. Especially considering the fact that Shane knows a lot of this info already (the podcast). For a rich person who lives in LA.. he sure is hella naive if this isn't a front lol. His fake reactions used to be just an exaggeration that I wouldn't mind, but now it's cringey. These series used to be so good and we couldn't get enough of them but now half of this feels like extra unnecessary footage. Am I alone in this?

(But I gotta say the preview for the next one looks interesting)
Oh good, I thought I was the only one who was not shocked at all hearing and seeing what Jeffree has going on. Shane's over-exaggerated shock is a bit annoying tbh. Overall I'm liking the series and there are some funny moments, but I've kinda been watching the whole time waiting for them to get to the point.

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:23 am

Its weird to me that Shane is like SO shocked that Jeffree doesn't show off ALL his wealth and his work, when shane runs around pretending he's poor constantly. Jeffree is a smart guy, he's obviously invested well, has taken care in his products, and doing merch for others on the side is such a good way to keep money coming in. Even if his makeup flops he has money coming from elsewhere.
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post (total 2):
evilqueenweedpretendcat

mazterbman
Seed
Has thanked: 0

Post by mazterbman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:34 am

I really hope Shane is being genuine with Jeffree. It seems like Jeffree has been burned many times by people fawning over his wealth that I hope that Shane and his crew *coughRylandcough* don't try to leach on him.
These users thanked the author mazterbman for the post:
evilqueenweed

dreamcatcher
Global Moderator

Post by dreamcatcher » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:58 am

mazterbman wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:34 am
I really hope Shane is being genuine with Jeffree. It seems like Jeffree has been burned many times by people fawning over his wealth that I hope that Shane and his crew *coughRylandcough* don't try to leach on him.
I'm wondering if there was a reason Ryland and Morgan didn't come along. I feel like Jeffree is comfortable enough with Shane (even though he was was OTT and cringey at times) but Ryland and Morgan are notorious for fawning over wealth. Morgan and Ryland don't seem to be that close - she seems like the little sister who tags along because mom said either you take your sister or you don't go at all. Morgan pretty clearly tags along because she sees dollar signs and likes living the LA lifestyle in a nice house in the hills.
So they probably would have been obnoxious. I'm sure Jeffree watches Shane's content and maybe asked that he come with just Andrew.
These users thanked the author dreamcatcher for the post (total 3):
LemonSqueezyevilqueenweedpretendcat

LemonSqueezy
Foliage

Post by LemonSqueezy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:14 am

It's certainly refreshing without Ryland and Morgan. Ryland would be drooling all over everything. Morgan is just... idk. I liked her when he first introduced her but her "character" has just become obnoxious.
These users thanked the author LemonSqueezy for the post (total 2):
evilqueenweedCakey

Return to “Shane Dawson”