MyBumpIsOffensive-leen and We Need a Baby for Views B-Crew Part 31

Queent of Manipulation
Hufflepug3
Global Moderator

MyBumpIsOffensive-leen and We Need a Baby for Views B-Crew Part 31

Post by Hufflepug3 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:31 am

People are offended by MY BUMP. How DARE they! Don’t they know I’m the only woman who has EVER been pregnant?!

Seriously how have she not broken her back from poking out her stomach so much?

Also thanks to @LemonSqueezy for the first part of the thread name!
These users thanked the author Hufflepug3 for the post (total 8):
MayaTuskyLemonSqueezyhndmmpAnastasiaCatSheldonpomegranateBellowingbabboon
My favorite things to say is “Y’all” and “but yet here you are”.

WGAF
Evil Weed

Re: MyBumpIsOffensive-leen and We Need a Baby for Views B-Crew Part 31

Post by WGAF » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:14 am

I would like to see more Garden discussion about the big picture.
I am talking about the forest, rather than the trees.
The various trees, which have been thoroughly discussed, include:
Colleen had issues during childhood.
Colleen’s marriage to Josh created issues.
Colleen’s relationship with Erik, especially the pending pregnancy, is creating issues.
I anticipate the post pregnancy period (including the tour down time) will open a floodgate of issues.
I agree with other Garden posters — we may be observing a ticking time bomb which is ready to explode at any second.
As to the forest, what suggestions can be offered by the Garden to help Colleen (and the people around her)?
For example, should Colleen’s parents take a more active role in Colleen’s life?
It is safe for me to state that reasonable people do not wish negative consequences for Colleen, even though, some (or should I say a lot) of Colleen’s wild behavior grinds on folks — especially adults — and sets a bad example for the minions.

Tusky
Admin

Post by Tusky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:48 am

WGAF wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:14 am
I would like to see more Garden discussion about the big picture.
I am talking about the forest, rather than the trees.
The various trees, which have been thoroughly discussed, include:
Colleen had issues during childhood.
Colleen’s marriage to Josh created issues.
Colleen’s relationship with Erik, especially the pending pregnancy, is creating issues.
I anticipate the post pregnancy period (including the tour down time) will open a floodgate of issues.
I agree with other Garden posters — we may be observing a ticking time bomb which is ready to explode at any second.
As to the forest, what suggestions can be offered by the Garden to help Colleen (and the people around her)?
For example, should Colleen’s parents take a more active role in Colleen’s life?
It is safe for me to state that reasonable people do not wish negative consequences for Colleen, even though, some (or should I say a lot) of Colleen’s wild behavior grinds on folks — especially adults — and sets a bad example for the minions.
I think the big picture is that Colleen needs to deal with her demons. The divorce, her body issues, the way she confronts problems, the role her work plays in her life, whatever child trauma she has. I think that when she was going to therapy, she probably wasn't being completely forthright, or wasn't seeing a suitable therapist because there hasn't been a positive change in her from back then.

I think a big problem is she's not really able to self-reflect. She KNOWS there's a problem because we've seen her dance around it a few times now. But she cannot handle any kind of criticism. It's easier for her to deflect it than own up. We saw it with fans complaining about pregnancy stuff, the whole naked Erik situation, with her copying Shane. She's in the spotlight, she needs to learn how to handle these situations without gaslighting her audience into attacking people.
These users thanked the author Tusky for the post (total 8):
MayaLikeWOWWGAFTheCoyoteBatCatSheldonCuriousGeorgettepomegranaterelease_the_kraken
Episode 25: Jessica Ballinger, Cut, Grav3yard Girl, Chris Ingham
Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2vEKdNC iTunes: https://apple.co/2J0dcQp

Maya
Foliage

Post by Maya » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:04 am

A number of things about the big picture here:

- some psychological issues are not treatable, one of them is narcisism. Others take years to address, such as pathological lying.

- Even if her issues are treatable, it will take years after/if ever she acknowledges them

- until then, and as long as she's in denial, I think exposing her contradictions and her twisting of facts is the only way she can be confronted. And hopefully if her ways are not paying off anymore, she can stop using them shamelessly and unapologitically.

- lets forget about the dozens of thousands of children she brainwashes for a minute, imagine how many youtuber wannabes and children with issues similar to her who are now admiring her work and seeing how she gets away with her manipulation and how it's paying off big time!

- Colleen is one of very few youtubers with worldwide audience I know of who is offering shallow content and trying to be a leader of public opinion on very real issues at the same time. She's not only manipulating facts to benefit her own case, she's also harming those causes.

- I personally couldn't care less about Colleen, it's a bit mean I know (although I have to say I am concerned about the fact that she's going to raise a child, also mean, sorry!). But I can't see people being manipulated and keep my mouth shut. Many of us tried to give her constructive feedback but she has been using her army of minions to shut all crticism down.

That's my two cents on the big picture.
Last edited by Maya on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Maya for the post (total 9):
WandawooLikeWOWbigberthaMoonCatWGAFTheCoyoteBatGossipin’GalpomegranateBellowingbabboon

LikeWOW
Foliage

Post by LikeWOW » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:50 am

Being in the spotlight as a performer, and having a public persona is hard. It's like a drug. You get used to the high you get on stage, and via online attention (ie. videos, social etc.). It sends you crazy. I know this because I toured my country as a performer for years.

The problem is Colleen "grew up" completely in that spot light. She was sharing her entire world, it wasn't just on stage. I don't think she actually knows who she really is, because so much of it had to be "performed". Her personal and professional worlds have always crossed over.

It's enough to drive anyone crazy in all honesty.

Snark and gossip aside. To sort this out she is going to seriously have to WANT to do the work. To get some help, to give herself some space for self care, honest introspect, therapy, she isnt' going to like what she sees, but that's the reality of it all. You have to hit rock bottom to start to come back up again. I hope we are wrong and Erik is there for her and is good for her in the long run.
These users thanked the author LikeWOW for the post (total 5):
MayaWGAFTheCoyoteBatrelease_the_krakenpomegranate

strawberrybob
Red Rose

Post by strawberrybob » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:21 pm

I also think colleen's parents enabled her bad habits and traits as a kid. Based off of the way Rachel talks a about what colleen did to her as kids, I can see somethings not right.
These users thanked the author strawberrybob for the post (total 6):
MayaLikeWOWbigberthaWGAFrigullrelease_the_kraken

dreamcatcher
Global Moderator

Post by dreamcatcher » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm

LikeWOW wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:50 am
Being in the spotlight as a performer, and having a public persona is hard. It's like a drug. You get used to the high you get on stage, and via online attention (ie. videos, social etc.). It sends you crazy. I know this because I toured my country as a performer for years.

The problem is Colleen "grew up" completely in that spot light. She was sharing her entire world, it wasn't just on stage. I don't think she actually knows who she really is, because so much of it had to be "performed". Her personal and professional worlds have always crossed over.

It's enough to drive anyone crazy in all honesty.

Snark and gossip aside. To sort this out she is going to seriously have to WANT to do the work. To get some help, to give herself some space for self care, honest introspect, therapy, she isnt' going to like what she sees, but that's the reality of it all. You have to hit rock bottom to start to come back up again. I hope we are wrong and Erik is there for her and is good for her in the long run.
Speaking as someone who struggles with their mental health, I definitely worry about Colleen in the long run. Performing live, working, and getting that validation has been her main coping skills. When you take away someone's band-aid, they are forced to confront their demons and its at that point that you have to work through the issues - not hide them. It is hard and scary and mentally exhausting but you have to WANT it.
So many people who have issues like this don't want to fix it. They will to to therapy but they expext to sit idly by while the issue fixes itself. That isn't how it works...
I don't think Colleen has the desire to change, I don't think she realizes how deep her issues are, and I don't think she is willing to do the hard work that is required of her to make a change.

So same for me - all gossip aside - I hope she prepares to take care of her mental health postpartum and she and her family/friends are aware of warning signs and are able to step in to help her.
These users thanked the author dreamcatcher for the post (total 3):
MayaWGAFTheCoyoteBat

MoonCat
Seed

Post by MoonCat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:45 pm

I do hope having a baby really does change her for the better, even if it takes time to get there. It seems like a good break from social media after the baby is born would be a healthy choice so she could focus all are energy and time on being a mother (and perhaps self reflection). It seems unlikely to happen, but a step back from social media really might be good for her. It's her job, sure, but new mom's take time off all the time at the beginning at least. Also social media is such an addiction, you can't break that without walking away for some time.
These users thanked the author MoonCat for the post:
Bellowingbabboon

englishrose
Seed

Post by englishrose » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:54 pm

strawberrybob wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:21 pm
I also think colleen's parents enabled her bad habits and traits as a kid. Based off of the way Rachel talks a about what colleen did to her as kids, I can see somethings not right.
Agreed. Didn’t she get one of their dogs put down out of spite? (claiming it had bitten her when it hadn’t - can’t remember any of the other details of the story, sorry) It sounds like she was a manipulative child, wanting to be centre of attention and spiteful when she wasn’t getting her way.

And I get the impression that her behaviour was just laughed off, in an “oh that’s just Colleen, that’s what she’s like” sort of way, which has continued into her adulthood. Her career has then heightened this - instead of just having her family and friends as her audience/enablers, she now has thousands of young people enabling her too. Queen Narcissist Colleen gets things her way and is never in the wrong.

(Edited to add:) I think the only way she can improve as a person is to get a therapist who is tough on her and forces her to look at how to recognise and admit when she’s done something wrong or inappropriate. However, knowing what she’s like, I reckon as soon as they told her something she doesn’t want to hear, she’d probably just walk out and tell her friends how she went to this awful therapist, “how DARE he speak to me like that” etc etc.
These users thanked the author englishrose for the post (total 2):
bigberthaMaya

Hufflepug3
Global Moderator

Post by Hufflepug3 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:04 pm

strawberrybob wrote:
THIS! Especially the fact that Colleen got away with hitting and spitting on Rachel. I would be disciplined if I did that to my sister. Did Rachel tell her parents about this as a child? If she did her parents severely downplayed Colleen’s actions. “She is your sister,sisters do these kind of things”. Or they ignored Rachel. Never disciplined Colleen and she kept doing until she decided to stop.
These users thanked the author Hufflepug3 for the post (total 2):
Mayastrawberrybob
My favorite things to say is “Y’all” and “but yet here you are”.

beamishly
Garden Hoe

Post by beamishly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:49 pm

There’s quite an age difference between Rachel and Colleen, and from what I’m led to believe Rachel was a surprise baby, I’m sure Colleen was happy being the youngest and the only girl and having attention lavished on her so when Rachel came along she probably couldn’t handle it. I could see Colleen seeing Rachel as an underling and treating her badly. I imagine that would have caused a lot of anomosity between them growing up.
I don’t think Colleen and Rachel secretly hate each other but I think they greatly exaggerate how close they are and how OBSESSED they are with each other.
These users thanked the author beamishly for the post (total 5):
kinomakotoMayaTheCoyoteBatpretendcatrelease_the_kraken

Maya
Foliage

Post by Maya » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:19 pm

I agree with the enablement argument. From what I see, Colleen only responds when she knows there are consequences. Like when youtube demonitized her "I'm pregnant" video and her first pregnancy business venture (aka 10m views) went down the drain!

She says youtube targets pregnant women (facepalm), and that she doesn't do youtube for money anymore, but this got her attention enough to talk about it for 1.5 minutes and she said she contacted them to know the reason (which I thought was that YT targets preggo women?!). I'm sure she'll play by their rules from now on.
Last edited by Maya on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Maya for the post (total 2):
CuriousGeorgetteBellowingbabboon

LemonSqueezy
Foliage

Post by LemonSqueezy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:21 pm

yay my thread name got picked!
These users thanked the author LemonSqueezy for the post (total 7):
MayabeamishlystrawberrybobTheCoyoteBatFaerieFyreLikeWOWWGAF

TheCoyoteBat
Seed

Post by TheCoyoteBat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:07 pm

englishrose wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:54 pm
strawberrybob wrote:
Agreed. Didn’t she get one of their dogs put down out of spite? (claiming it had bitten her when it hadn’t - can’t remember any of the other details of the story, sorry) It sounds like she was a manipulative child, wanting to be centre of attention and spiteful when she wasn’t getting her way.
I just watched that one recently. She did but she made it sound like it wasn’t an attention thing but it did sound like she just wanted to hurt the dog for some reason. What happened was she just decided to really grab and pinch really hard on a part of the dog’s flesh. She “couldn’t remember” any reason for why she did it. But then the dog retaliated and but her, which is when she ran crying to her parents/family and told them that the dog bit them but left out the other part. Which could’ve definitely stemmed from some sort of attention seaking as a child.

I fell like, just as many others stated, that she could benefit from a break from social media and work when the baby comes and should find a therapist that really pushes her—especially since Narcissists can even manipulate their psychologists into agreeing with them and flipping their issues onto others or will find one that doesn’t push against the grandiouse image of themselves. She needs to treat her therapy like the hypnotist. Not saying she should film it, but rather what he said as to how hypnotism works: the person needs to be open to the experience and the suggestions, if they’re closed off—nothing will happen (I.e. no meaningful change or growth will happen).

Edit to add: also if she was anything like my Narcissist ex as a kid, I remember talking to his big sister after we broke up and I found out more of his lies and manipulation. BUT, one bug thing I remember her telling me is that he would do horrible things while they were growing up and she would always bring it up to their parents but they would just defend him and brush it off.
So I would add that she needs her close family and friends to hold her accountable for her actions (I can already see Erik doing some of the things I did to my ex, like kindly reminding them how their sounding/acting isn’t okay and makes them look bratty). But they need to not let these behaviors slide and possibly get some therapy for themselves as well.
These users thanked the author TheCoyoteBat for the post (total 3):
Mayaenglishrosepomegranate

TheCoyoteBat
Seed

Post by TheCoyoteBat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Also, I just realized after seeing another one of Colleen’s edited photos of her pregnant self right before seeing Liza’s story on Instagram, it seems extremely similar to that except Liza does a sort of before and after thing and you know that’s her whole joke/shtick about big butts and being thick. I also think this has been a thing longer than Colleen has even been pregnant.🤔 I’m not accusing of her outright copying, but it is oddly similar. Anyone else have some thoughts on this?
These users thanked the author TheCoyoteBat for the post:
wonderdua

Maya
Foliage

Post by Maya » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:03 pm

TheCoyoteBat wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm
Also, I just realized after seeing another one of Colleen’s edited photos of her pregnant self right before seeing Liza’s story on Instagram, it seems extremely similar to that except Liza does a sort of before and after thing and you know that’s her whole joke/shtick about big butts and being thick. I also think this has been a thing longer than Colleen has even been pregnant.🤔 I’m not accusing of her outright copying, but it is oddly similar. Anyone else have some thoughts on this?
Zane Hijazi did it to his butt like a month ago in an IG post but I didn't make the connection when I saw Colleen's photos. Um, is she trying to be relevant? :blink:

evilqueenweed
Global Moderator

Post by evilqueenweed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Maya wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:03 pm
TheCoyoteBat wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm
Zane Hijazi did it to his butt like a month ago in an IG post but I didn't make the connection when I saw Colleen's photos. Um, is she trying to be relevant? :blink:
I believe she is just being outright passive aggressive.
These users thanked the author evilqueenweed for the post (total 4):
MayaTheCoyoteBatpickleBellowingbabboon

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”